Individual Scheme Management – Academy Schools
We will be happy to support Academy schools with specific schemes that you would like to take forward.
The general condition related schemes we manage are as follows: (Although this is not an exhaustive list).
- Toilet Refurbishments
- Window Replacements
- Internal Alterations
- Heating Systems
- Electrical Rewire and Relight Schemes (including ceilings etc).
- Provision of Multi Use Games Areas
- Kitchen Refurbishments
- Decorations etc
For small extensions we tend to deliver these ourselves but larger schemes we prefer to support the school through the process and act as the schools advisors. We support the process to appoint external design teams and then act on the Academies behalf throughout the project ensuring the appointed design team perform effectively.
For planned maintenance schemes we would discuss school requirements, develop specifications, obtain quotations (always returned to the school), arrange a pre contract meeting as required, organise a convenient date for the work to be carried out, inspect the work as the scheme progresses and/or on completion. We would check and agree the quality of the completed work and the accuracy of invoices etc.
The service to be provided would include, but is not limited to, the following;
- A review of the required work and an agreed scope of the scheme being developed for agreement by the Headteacher.
- Assessment of health & safety implications [asbestos & Construction Design Management 2015 regulations etc]
- Early notification of any third party costs that may be incurred by the school, as part of the works; Planning Authority or building control charges, CDM 2015 Compliance support, any required surveys, any specialist sub consultant fees (such as Structural Engineers etc).
- The provision of a draft programme detailing all stages from initial appointment to completion of all works.
- The preparation of relevant specifications and drawings commensurate with the works being carried out including school sign off prior to procurement.
- Agreement with school regarding the contractors to be invited to quote for the works.
- The procurement of quotations fully in accordance with the relevant finance and contract rules/ standing orders [or the individual formal Academy or MAT rules etc]. Please note that the process of procurement will involve the individual schools receiving sealed quotations etc to ensure complete impartiality from Concept Education Services Staff.
For the management of general condition related schemes we have the following fee charges:-
Academy Schools – within Walsall / Wolverhampton – 12% of contract sum (if not part of our Full Contract Offer).
Academy Schools – within 5 miles of Walsall / Wolverhampton – 10% – 12% contract sum (by agreement)
Academy Schools – In excess of 5 miles of Walsall / Wolverhampton – please complete the enquiry form and we will confirm fee proposal. Enquiry form here